Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Save Money By Making Homemade Cards

Cards are expensive, especially when you buy individual cards from a card rack. I have got to the point where I rarely buy cards from the store anymore. I make them instead. Now days with card making and scrapbooking being so popular, it is extremely easy to find supplies. I tend to buy my card bases in bulk when they are half price or I use a 40% coupon from JoAnn Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, or Michael’s. The larger cards I can usually find for like 40 cards for like $2.50. The smaller cards which are a little better quality because they are colored, textured cardstock are normally $9.99, but I get them for around $5.00 for 50 of them. You can buy special embellishments for card making, but you really need to be careful because you can easily over spend on this. The point is to save money, not spend more!!! One thing I do is buy embellishments that has several embellishments (or stickers) that I can use on several cards so I spread out the cost. So really consider what type of cards you use the most. Also, consider what gender of embellishments you need. If you have a house full of boys and only one niece to have cards for, it doesn’t make sense to have a bunch of girly, girl embellishments.

Some things you may want to have on hands for card making:
- card base or card stock
- envelopes (these usually come with the cards)
- patterned paper
- stickers
- embellishments
- ribbons, buttons, rhinestones
Here are a few of the cards that I have made:

100_5187

1 comment:

Online Savings Account said...

It is nice to hear that you are talking about money savings. Today's because it is very important that we know how to handle this can of problem.

Related Posts with Thumbnails